Sunday, December 07, 2008

HOSPITAL BLOGGING REDUX



well, unbelievably, it is 6 days since i entered the hospital. it isn't that i have been horribly anguished or in pain, so much as this is apparently one bitch of an infection to kill off. i have been on IV antibiotics the entire time, as i still am. in the past day i have rapidly improved on that front, but the remaining and increased edema is a troubling anomaly. i haven't been chomping at the bit to get out, though what i will find on my voicemail is worrisome, because my plans and responsibilities coming up have been so thoroughly disrupted they couldn't get worse because of a day or two. i will still have some bedrest and oral antibiotics to deal with, and that is pretty hard to pull off in my circumstances.

the food and service are pretty good here as well...

television, now that i can actually look at it, still sucks.

tonight's nurse is CHAD... really.

next week i'll tell you about my various roommates.

peace

5 Comments:

At Monday, December 08, 2008, Blogger Doug said...

Hey Jack, sorry I didn't respond sooner. I've been away.

I'm glad things seem to be improving. Hopefully you'll be back on your feet, literally, again soon.

Though with a nurse named "Chad," I can imagine reasons to stay. ;)

 
At Monday, December 08, 2008, Blogger Birdie said...

Wow, that's some infection. I'm praying for you, bud. Meanwhile, enjoy the nurses!

 
At Tuesday, December 09, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending you get well soon wishes.

 
At Thursday, December 11, 2008, Blogger Chuck said...

Hi Jack, I surf and blog on Queerty daily and came across one of your comments. Enjoyed reading your Adventures in Paradise Blog and thought I'd drop you a note and well wishes for a speedy recovery. Like you, I too am retired in Florida (since 1993) in the Tampa Bay area where I spent a good potion of my youth. My folks were snow-birds. And,like yourself, I have discovered that this isn't what retire meant. lol. Hope you're back on your legs (no pun intended) real soon. I wll continue to look forward to your blog comments to see how all is going for you. Good luck.

 
At Friday, December 12, 2008, Blogger Bandana Jack said...

thank you for stopping in chuck. i do hope i have some stories to offer soon about life in general, and my adventures in particular, instead of the ignominies of having mystery ailments.

for a change of pace, why not drop into the stepchild of my recent viral fame, the newly fledged GAYFORTMYERS blog. it is very much a work barely in progress, but our little crew has hopes that we can become, in time a conversational hub for this otherwise information proof region.

http://gayfortmyers.wordpress.com/

ciao...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home