Tuesday, December 02, 2008

LIVE BLOGGING THE HOSPITAL

well, that high didn't last long. the day after i posted all my good news i started feeling sickly, that evening i knew for sure i was sick so i actually went to bed all tucked in at a reasonable hour for me. the following day i could scarcely navigate on rubber legs with a worse headache and achier joints and muscles. i toughed it out through the day, thinking it would pass, and it appeared to be letting up somewhat... silly rabbit.

still sick the next morning, headache of the migraine caliber, and while i am not a sufferer, i DO know what they are like from intimate acquaintance, nauseous and aching all over, but blessedly able to walk, if unsteadily. AHA, now i have outlasted it, he thought. and the next day he woke up with a swollen reddened leg. that one i knew from past experience. cellulitis or phlebitis. neither to be messed with, and ugly and painful to boot. fortunately my erstwhile helpful neighbor was just as helpful again, and drove me up to the emergency room.

after 5 hours and a battery of scans, i was finally brought to the accelerated admission unit. accelerated being a relative term. just under an hour and a half later, they found a room for me. outside of the speed, the service has been nothing but excellent, and there were any number of good looking medical types to pass the time ogling.

i won't discuss the indignities of hauling an IV drip to the can. you either already know, or you will one day. at least i quit smoking a long time ago, so i don't have to schlep outside to catch a few drags.

then there is the wisdom, or lack thereof, of going to the hospital with nowt but the clothes on your back. in my defense i didn't KNOW they were going to admit me, although it had crossed my mind. i did remembered to bring my computer and my cell, so i am connected.

i'll update when i know more...

peace

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 02, 2008, Blogger Doug said...

Jack, I hope your leg gets better soon!

 
At Wednesday, December 03, 2008, Blogger Birdie said...

Wow, that was fast. I'm grateful they've got in under control. Now if they could just get YOU under control...

Nah. Not a chance. Get well, Old Bird.

Word verification: renew. There you go.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home